This is an extension of my last blog post.
My last post was my perception and quest for obtaining answer for a difficult question.
But I do asked motive of living to a few other people, the answers (different from mine) were:
- To earn money, spend it on luxuries (by imitating them to be necessities) and to find a girl/boy [not necessarily a life partner]
- To do serious research, earn fame and money.
- To enjoy their work (no fame/money/family)
I am no one to conclude that which reason is best for being alive, but would like to suggest everybody to think atleast once “Why I am alive?” and try to come up with some answer, as I believe that living without any reason is as good as being dead.
You may also wonder why I didn’t include “money” in my motive for living, this is simply because I believe that:
The richest person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.
But most of times people try to escape from this question by indulging in various types of addictions. In college people have various types of addictions like:
- Addiction to high CGPA and building CV
- Addiction to smoking
- Addiction to alcohol
- Addiction to girls/boys
- Addiction to computer gaming
- Addiction to adult movies
- Addiction to virtual world (like Facebook, WhatsApp etc.)
I am addicted to writing senseless long e-mails, but now working to get rid of it, by speaking more (than writing)!
Never be depressed, always remember
To do nothing no effort is needed but to do something a lot of effort is needed.
If you don’t believe me simply watch this video on struggle and fame of Albert Einstein:
I would like to end this blog post with my favorite quotation:
A Mathematician is dead the day he/she stops doing mathematics.